How to become a better Sports Therapist even if you don't have much time
Updated: Oct 25, 2022
Finding the time for self development can be challenging...
I personally didn’t realise how much time I was missing out on. It used to be a constant battle with trying to manage workloads, writing patient notes, booking patients in, organising future events, replying to emails, the list goes on... and at the end of it I hadn’t even started to look at my CPD, it read that blog or listen to that podcast.
That was until...
I set a-side 10 minutes per day to improve myself (or a total of 60 minutes per week, yes I was allowed one day off!).
So below is my list of activities that you could select from in your 10 minutes of self-development time, so that you can start to make a habit of becoming a more successful Practitioner.
Here we go...
1. Read a Journal article
2. Highlight key points in a Journal article
3. Interact with Practitioners on social media
4. Ask other practitioners how they would have treated a patient from your clinic (obviously maintaining confidentiality)
5. Discuss a case study with your team
6. Plan your next three social media posts
7. Write a plan for your next blog
8. Seek out high quality YouTube videos that can inform your practice
9. Listen to 10 minutes of a podcast
10. Check your patient notes are up to date
11. Check your finances are up to date
12. Research a new product you are thinking of buying
13. Give your mentor a call
14. Read an expert opinion blog
15. Write in your planner
16. Organise your emails
17. Set yourself clear goals for the rest of the week/month
19. Make a small change to your website
19. Revise musculoskeletal anatomy of one joint
20. Plan your upcoming CPD
21. Review your business plan
"I personally didn’t realise how much time I was missing out on."
What to do now?
Let me know what you will do in your 10 minutes...
Are you looking to progress your Sports Therapy career?
Join The Online Sports Therapy Community here.